Behind this recipe I have no particular history. I think it’s a dessert of an unusual simplicity, especially for something so delicious. I remember Tata teaching us to do it on those evenings that we had nothing planned… just cooking, talking, enjoying our life in the kitchen.
The big challenge is to be truly quick to incorporate all the ingredients into the blender because eggs with hot milk can end in disaster. It’s the only stress point of the recipe. Past that point, it’s something that can be done even with kids, just as Tata used to make with all of us.
Let’s get cooking!
- Place milk in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil
- Meanwhile, put the egg, salt, chocolate chips and sugar in the blender
- When the milk comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Quickly pour the milk into the blender, and start blending everything together for about 1 minute
- Pour the custard into the containers of your choice and into the fridge for at least 3 hours to thicken and cool.
- Whenever you’re ready to serve, make the whipped cream. In cold bowl, whip the cream until thickened. Add the confectioners’ sugar and whip just until soft peaks form. Place a dollop of cream on each custard cup and voila!
Bon apetit!!! 😀