I think it has become very clear by now how my family has a huge weakness for sweets. We firmly believe that happiness is baked and that if something goes wrong we perish in a momentary taste that allows us to have peace of mind to reevaluate the situation and move on.
For me, muffins are those little everyday tastes, because they are simple to make and keep fresh for a good period of time. There are an impressive variety of versions, but one of my favorites is blueberry. I wasn’t very fond of this fruit a couple of years ago, but recently, after my visit by the nutritionist, I started to embrace its flavors (and health benefits!). Especially when they come with the muffin (don’t tell my nutritionist! jijijij).
Let’s get cooking!
- First, you must preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Then, grease an 18 regular-size muffins cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt. With a spoon, fold the flour in half and add the milk into batter; Repeat.
- Add the blueberries
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch