If you have read my other recipes, you know that I always try to stick to simplicity. That’s why, sometimes, I use some hacks to enjoy complex dishes, executed in a very simple way.
That happens with the apple strudel, a simply spectacular dessert, which served hot with ice cream is a real gold seal for a great meal.
The trick (or shortcut) is to use the ready-made puff pastry. Of course if you have time you can do it, but if not, you will always have an option to make this dessert with a little help 😉
Let’s get baking!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Beat the egg and water in a deep bowl with a beater
- In another deep bowl mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add the apples and raisins and mix well.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. With a roll, spread the puff pastry to a rectangle of approximately 30 x 24 cm.
- Place the short side of the puff pastry towards you and with a spoon place the apple filling at the bottom half of the puff, leaving a border down to 2 cm without filling.
- Roll the dough starting with the side closest to you and place on a baking sheet with the side where the dough ends down so it doesn’t open when cooking.
- Seal the sides with your fingers and with a pastry brush paint the cake with the mixture of egg and water.
- With a knife you can decorate small diagonal cracks on the top, without cutting until reaching the filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Serve with a large serving of ice cream!!!